Engagement Manager / New York
Axiom, a revolution in the legal industry and one of the nation’s fastest growing private companies, is seeking an Engagement Manager for our New York office.
What we’re looking for
This is a truly rare opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional with a results orientation who is looking for a client services and business development role. Axiom has pioneered a new category of firm in the market for sophisticated legal services and is one of the fastest growing companies in the United States.
The Engagement Manager plays a critical role in ensuring both continued revenue growth and successful engagements with legal departments at Fortune 500 companies. The Engagement Manager is an integral part of the team involved in the sales cycle, driving growth and new products, providing account oversight and engaging with internal and external clients at all levels.
The Engagement Manager will
- Effectively build client relationships and oversee the day to day activities for a portfolio of clients.
- Identify new areas of opportunity with new and existing clients.
- Work with the Practice Manager and General Manager to secure new accounts and craft strategic solutions for clients’ needs.
- Support the recruiting and assessment of Axiom’s New York lawyer population.
- Align lawyers with specific client engagements and manage existing engagements.
- Analyze the success metrics for each engagement.
This position is for someone who exhibits an outstanding work ethic and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment. Our ideal candidate must possess a demonstrated ability to and interest in the growth of client relationships and developing strategic solutions for a portfolio of candidates.
Our ideal candidate
- 4 to 6 years’ sales, account management, or other business experience in a client services role with full profit/loss responsibility. This includes experience working with senior level decision makers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Keen ability to build laterally and nurture client relationships;
- Innate ability to focus on client’s needs and consistently raises the bar on service excellence;
- Capable of leading, managing & inspiring others;
- Knowledge of selling/closing and customer service techniques;
- Significant project management experience and meticulous attention to detail skills;
- Superb time management, decision-making and problem solving skills;
- Thrives in both individual and team environments;
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills;
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others;
Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint);
- Organizational fit for the Axiom culture, that is, exhibit the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Instinct to help, & Thoughtful;
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Who We Are
Axiom, a modern alternative to the traditional law firm, is the fastest growing provider of managed legal services to F500 companies. We're a new category of firm that applies best practices from other industries and a better business model to help clients do legal work intelligently. Our streamlined cost-structure and deep expertise in the business of law help General Counsel solve problems and manage their departments more effectively.
This position is with the Headquarters team – a group of passionate people busily introducing fresh ideas to a tradition-bound profession. We’re incredibly selective in our hiring and meticulously focused on creating a truly special and addictive culture. With over 900 people across 11 offices globally, Axiom works with nearly half of the Fortune 100. Axiom’s unique approach has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and The Economist. For more information, visit www.axiomlaw.com.
Sound intriguing? Please send your cover letter and resume in an e-mail entitled “EM-NY” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Word documents preferred.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.